Subscribe NowSubscribe now to get a year's worth of Dissent, starting with our fall issue.
In the Fall 2019 issue of Dissent, we’re featuring a special section on Left Paths in Rural America edited by Max Fraser and Garrett Dash Nelson. Inside, you’ll find:
- Sarah Jones on the “Trump Country Safari”
- An interview with Oscar-nominated director RaMell Ross on filming the Black Belt
- Garret Dash Nelson on how to map rural America
- Lily Geismer on the failures of a tech-for-all rural development program
- John Major Eason on prisons and the rural ghetto
- Levi Van Sant on land reform and the Green New Deal
- Kate Logan and Shay Totten on organizing in rural New England and the Midwest
Also in the issue: Corey Robin on Obama administration memoirs, Kim Phillips-Fein on Gen X, Michael Kazin on conservative history, Carly Murphy on why we need a working-class media, Michael Walzer and Joshua Leifer debate Zionism, Marcia Chatelain on Ferguson, Nick Serpe on the new tech culture wars, and more.
Subscribe now to get your copy of this issue.
To renew an existing or lapsed subscription, please click here rather than filling out the form below.
If you would like to renew your subscription or change your mailing address, check your account or payment status, please click here. If you have trouble subscribing online, or you have any questions about your subscription, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase a single issue ($12 print, $6 digital), please email email@example.com.
Dissent is a quarterly publication, appearing Winter (January), Spring (April), Summer (July), and Fall (October). Dissent is published by the Foundation for the Study of Independent Social Ideas in cooperation with the University of Pennsylvania Press.